The night after WWE Fastlane 2016, Vince McMahon used WWE Raw to bring back Shane McMahon, announce two huge matches for WrestleMania 32, and allow Triple H to demonstrate his dominance by delivering a Pedigree on the steel steps to an already-bloodied Roman Reigns -- much to the delight of the WWE Universe in attendance at the Joe Louis Arena in Detroit.While some expected an announcement for an early John Cena return, or even the ever-hoped-for surprise return of CM Punk, they would have to settle for the comeback of Shane-O-Mac and what is becoming a more common occurrence of seeing Brock Lesnar on weekly WWE programming.
Below is a recap of the episode of WWE Monday Night Raw that aired on February 22, the night after WWE Fastlane 2016. The recap is followed by an updated card for WWE WrestleMania 32.
WWE Monday Night Raw Results
- Before any action or promos in the ring, Michael Cole, JBL and Byron Saxton showed a video (see above) that had posted to WWE's Facebook page showing Brock Lesnar slamming Dean Ambrose on the windshield of a limo, resulting in the Lunatic Fringe being taken away by ambulance, wearing a neck brace.
- As Vince McMahon was awarding the Vincent J. McMahon Legacy of Excellence Award to daughter Stephanie, the proceedings were interrupted by the surprise return of Shane McMahon. After making it clear that he was next in line to own WWE rather than Stephanie, Vince and son agreed that if Shane-O-Mac could defeat The Undertaker in a Hell in a Cell Match at WrestleMania 32, then he is free to take control of WWE Monday Night Raw.
- The New Day defeated The Lucha Dragons and Neville in a Six-Man Tag Team Match.
- Dean Ambrose interrupted Paul Heyman and Brock Lesnar by driving an ambulance into the arena and continuing to antagonize The Beast Incarnate. The Lunatic Fringe took another solid beating before Lesnar agreed to face him in a Street Fight at WrestleMania 32.
- The Dudley Boyz cut a promo after the Usos defeated The Ascension. It would seem that the Dudleys and Usos will have a program leading into Mania.
- After Chris Jericho and A.J. Styles cut a mutual-respect promo, they were interrupted by the Social Outcasts. The Phenomenal One and Y2J proceeded to defeat Curtis Axel and Heath Sleater in a tag team match.
- Backstage, Roman Reigns wanted to go check on Dean Ambrose. Stephanie McMahon informed him that he can't leave, because he has a match against Sheamus -- and every member of the League of Nations will be at ringside.
- Goldust is seen backstage with a cake that says "I'm sorry." He offers the cake to R-Truth, but Truth just smashes the cake in his face.
- After Ryback walked out on Kane and Big Show in a Six-Man Tag Team Match, Bray Wyatt, Luke Harper and Eric Rowan get a victory to make up for the loss at WWE Fastlane.
- Sasha Banks defeated Naomi after Becky Lynch assisted with Tamina at ringside. After the match, Charlotte let them know that they would eventually have to face each other to determine the No. 1 contender for the WWE Divas Championship.
- It was announced that The Godfather would join Sting in the 2016 Class of the WWE Hall of Fame and that Triple H will be appearing on WWE Thursday Night SmackDown.
- Roman Reigns defeated Sheamus in the main event. Afterwards, Triple H came to the ring and delivered a severe beating to Roman Reigns, leaving him bloodied and limp as WWE Raw ended.
Updated WWE WrestleMania 32 Card
- WWE World Heavyweight Championship Match -- Triple H (c) vs. Roman Reigns
- Hell in a Cell Match -- Shane McMahon vs. The Undertaker -- If Shane wins, he gains control of WWE Monday Night Raw
- Street Fight -- Brock Lesnar vs. Dean Ambrose
- WWE Divas Championship Match -- Charlotte (c) vs. Sasha Banks and/or Becky Lynch
- Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal
- WWE Hall of Fame Inductions: Sting, The Godfather
WWE Monday Night Raw airs weekly on the USA Network at 8/7c. The WWE Raw Pre-Show can be streamed on the WWE Network at 7:30 p.m Eastern 6:30 p.m. Central. While full replays of WWE Raw aren't added to the WWE Network immediately, a 90-minute condensed version of WWE Raw can be streamed on Hulu Plus beginning the next day.
[Image via WWE]